January 19, 2014

30 Days to Go

I can't believe we're a month away from my due date. I think she's coming early, so I'm even more determined to get stuff ready for her arrival. Man, there is just way to much that needs to be done. My check list is ever growing:

* Put crib together
* Organize my room for the bassinet
* Clean babies clothes and put away
* Install car seat in car
* Pack mine, Ryan's, Owen's and babies bags
* Finalize what Owen will be doing while at hospital (i.e. confirm with family members that they're still okay taking him for a night or two, etc).
* Make some freezer meals

I could go on and on, but I won't bore everyone with that.

I hit two milestones this past week.

1: I had my last day of work on the 15th. It's weird to actually be leaving Classical Singer on my terms (unlike when I left when Ashlynn as born).


My awesome co-workers took me out to lunch then gave me a cute outfit, the flower and a 6 pack of Dr. Pepper (that I've hidden) for after baby is here.

2: I've now been pregnant longer than I was with Ashlynn.  Ashlynn was born at 34 weeks. I am (as of right now) 35 weeks, 4 days. It seems like it's taken forever to get this far, but now it seems like it's going way too fast.

We have made a little progress on babies room. Ryan went and put the dresser together. My plan is to get all of babies stuff cleaned and put in the drawers or closet by the 21st. Then, I can pack what we'll need for her at the hospital (which is just her coming home clothes and blankets to cover her up when we leave).

Ryan putting together the dresser
The plan is for Ryan to get the crib up this week, then I can really get her room ready.

You'll also notice that I changed the name on the side from Lizzie back to Baby #2. Though we both like the name Elizabeth, we're now re-thinking it. Hopefully, we can come up with her name sooner than later. I'll keep everyone in the loop.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

It took us forever to finally commit to the name Kayla. Who knows if this baby girl will ever have a name! Congrats on making it this far! Hope everything continues to go well and she holds out until you can get everything ready to go.

mallory said...

SOOO excited to meet this little one in a few weeks!