November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

This year we went to Phoenix for Thanksgiving to visit Ryan's Mom and sister. We drove and, for the most part, Rylynn did very well.

For the drive down, we stopped in Beaver for a quick bathroom/out of the carseat stop. Then on to St. George for lunch. I decided to drive from Beaver to St. George. I had my first, my first speeding ticket. I was going 78 in a 70 in Cedar City. The Sheriff was nice and wrote me for only going 5 over. I guess it had to happen sometime.

We stopped in St. George for lunch. We decided to eat at Red Robin. Rylynn was putting on the charm the entire time. There was a sweet couple sitting at a table near us. She was smiling and cooing at them the entire time.

Rylynn at Red Robin
Nov 21, 2014
Rylynn sleeping in the car sleeping with her doll.
Nov 21, 2014
After that, we had a fairly uneventful drive, until we got about 15 miles out of Vegas. Rylynn was done at this point. She was crying and screaming and was just done. We drove into a truck stop got her out of her carseat. I told Ryan that I think a blessing was needed, so he gave her a blessing that she'd be able to handle the rest of the drive and would be able to handle the coming changes.

After that, I held her for a minute and then we put her back in her seat, and then Ryan swung her for a while until she fell asleep. We topped off the car (most expensive gas ever) and drove until we got to Marisa's house.

Thanksgiving

Rylynn had her first Thanksgiving in Surprise, AZ. She tried some mashed potatoes and ate a roll, but that was about it (it was nap time when we ate).

Eating mashed potatoes.
Nov 27, 2014
We had a great trip in Phoenix spending time with family. Here are a few more random pictures from that trip.


Playing with Duplo blocks. 
Having fun with Nana.
Rylynn's scrunched up smile.
Having dinner at Pizza Hut in Cedar City on
the way home.

No comments: